Teardrop Campers For Sale In Australia – 2023 Buyers Guide
Good teardrop campers for sale in Australia
can be hard to find. If you’re looking for a way to go camping that’s more affordable than a traditional RV, teardrops are an excellent option.
These tiny little trailers are lightweight, easy to tow and can fit in almost any parking spot. They’re also incredibly efficient: they rarely affect your fuel economy. In this article we’ll explore everything there is to know about these camper trailers so you can find one that fits your needs perfectly. A good place to start is the RV Buyer’s Guide
Why Choose a Teardrop RV?
A teardrop camper trailer
are the perfect solution for those that want a simple, lightweight camper that’s easy to tow and affordable. If you’re looking for a camper that’s versatile enough to be used for play or work, then a teardrop is definitely worth considering.
Using a teardrop as an office
Did you know, many people use their campers as mobile offices when they’re not on the road.If you’re looking for something that can comfortably sleep two people, then you’ll find your ideal teardrop in this section of our site.
Differences Between a Teardrop trailer and a Pod Camper
The main difference between a teardrop and a pod camper
is the size of each. A teardrop is compact and has a rounded shape, while a pod camper can be taller and have a squarer finish, giving it more storage space and making it better for longer-term travellers. We currently own a pod-style camper and while we find it easy to tow, sometimes we wish we had a place to sit when it rains. The price of both types is comparable; however, teardrops are usually less expensive than pod campers. Some pod campers are built for the off-road too.
The most notable feature of a teardrop camping trailer is its shape: it’s rounder than other types of camping trailers (including pod campers), which makes for increased mobility when towing behind your vehicle. If you travel light and are not a confident person when it comes to towing, a little teardrop is for you.
Teardrop Campers For Sale – The details matter
- Size: Smaller teardrop campers are great for couples or solo travelers. Larger units can comfortably accommodate larger families or groups of friends, but they will also be more expensive.
- Weight: The weight of the van is important as it will affect your tow vehicle, and where you can take it. Lightweight models are easy to tow with simple vehicles such as a car or SUV, but heavier models require a 4WD vehicle.
- Storage space: Every teardrop RV comes with some form of storage space for valuables like laptops, cameras and wallets that need protecting from theft or weather damage while camping outdoors at remote locations like beaches, national parks etc. Some models come equipped with an optional toilet compartment which adds extra convenience since toilets are generally not allowed inside tents due to hygiene reasons (and because they attract wild animals).
How Much Does a Teardrop Camper Cost?
The price of a teardrop RV can range from $15,000 to $50,000 for new models, and between $10,000 and $30,000 for used models. The average price of a used model
is around $15,000.
New or Used?
Let’s be honest, though. New teardrop campers for sale are in demand. If you can buy new then you are lucky, but used ones come to market often. There are pros and cons to both options, so it really depends on what you want from your camper van or trailer.
If you’re looking for an affordable option, then a used RV could be just what you need! However, remember that these vehicles have been previously owned by recreational users and may not have been maintained as well as they should’ve been—so make sure that any vehicle you buy has had its brakes checked properly
before riding it off into the sunset (and back again).
How to Take Care of Your Teardrop Camper
Take good care of your camper and it will last a long time. Here’s how:
- Keep it clean! Use warm water, mild soap, and a soft cloth or sponge to clean the exterior of your camper. Never use chemicals on any part of your teardrop camper (including paint).
- Check the tyres. Check tyre pressure regularly and be sure that all tyres have tread depth of at least 4mm when inflated to maximum pressure as indicated by the vehicle manufacturer on tyre sidewall rating charts.
- Consult with an expert if you are unsure about this information before inflating tyres beyond recommended pressures because doing so could cause irreparable damage to wheels and/or rims which could result in loss of control resulting in serious injury or death. If a tyre has lost more than 2 pounds per square inch (PSI) over time due to normal wear and tear then replace that tyre immediately because continued driving while underinflated puts everyone who rides inside at risk!
- Also remember: winter driving requires more air pressure than summertime driving; temperatures above 32℃ require less air pressure than temperatures below 15℃; heavy loads require less pressure than lighter loads; etc…
Where to Get Your Teardrop Camper serviced
It is important to find a good service provider for your teardrop camper. It’s also important that you trust them, because they will be working on your camper, and you want them to do the best job possible. When it comes to servicing teardrop campers, there are three options:
- You can take your camper back to the manufacturer who made it. They can tell you what needs fixing and make any necessary repairs for free or at a discounted price. This is ideal if you plan on keeping your camping trailer for a long time because it ensures that all parts are working properly at all times. If something breaks down later down the road, there shouldn’t be any surprises!
- Some people choose an independent mechanic who specializes in repairing small RVs (recreational vehicles). These mechanics are typically very experienced with these types of vehicles so they should have no trouble diagnosing problems quickly and making quick fixes when necessary if possible (or ordering replacement parts). One downside though is that some mechanics may not know how everything works inside these tiny spaces as well as someone who worked on one originally! However this isn’t always true – some people just plain love tinkering around with car engines/motorcycles/etc., which makes them perfect candidates for doing their own repairs too.
- Lastly, you can do the basic maintenance and leave the bid repairs to the professionals. Changing tyres, repacking bearings, and general maintenance should be something most owners can handle.
“For those looking for an affordable camping option, teardrop campers are certainly worth considering.”
Teardrop campers are a unique way to travel. They are easy to tow and park, they are easy to set up and take down, and many people choose teardrop campers because they are less expensive than other campers.
With so many people looking for a more affordable way to camp, teardrop campers are definitely worth considering. Teardrop campers are ideal for those entering the RV market, solo travellers, inexperienced drivers that are scared of towing, and couples. They’re also easy on the pocketbook.
They can be used for just about any type of camping trip and they offer plenty of space inside for your gear too. If you’re interested in getting one then we recommend checking out our RV Buyer’s Guide
for dealerships that sell them near you!